Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally

Finally! Another Blog post from me!  This semester is kicking my behind so I haven't really been on the blogging scene lately.  Which is totally uncool especially since I have soooo much to blog about now.  So here they come randomly, sporadically, etc.-ally. :P

***********
In attempt to make our lives healthier and teach my kids to eat healthier I've done these sneaky little things to help us change.  It's not like we're super unhealthy, but we could be better and definitely be more active at home.  At school we're really active, but by the time we get home I think we're all just pooped so we sit and veg.

1.  Bedtime snack/Afternoon snack choices are:  a piece of fruit, graham crackers and milk, yogurt, string cheese, or a piece of whole wheat bread.  Occasionally they can have strawberry or chocolate milk.

2.  My kids live for Ramen Noodles.  So I put chicken, peas, and carrots in the last time I fixed it.  Ben wasn't feeling very good, but he ate a bit. Mostly he ate all of the veggies and left the noodles. Go figure.

3.  I've been trying to make sure we have a veggie or fruit every meal.  I'm really bad at this especially because sometimes I'd rather just have meat/protein.

4.  I've started serving juice and milk only at meals/snacks.  In between they can have water.  Myelle has even asked for water occasionally now!

5.  I put music on and tell them to show me their best dance moves. :D

***********
I'm sick of the cold weather.  I'm counting down the days until we get to go to Arizona to see these lovely people:
Brandon & Rachel. ( I stole this pic from her blog. I would link to it, but I forgot it's private.)
BTW:  20 Days, 11 Hours, 55ish minutes.

*************
I never thought I would say this, but I L.O.V.E my Kindle App on my new phone!!  Oh and I love my new phone!!

htc Droid Incredible


*************
Last....IT"S TRACK SEASON!!!


1 comment: