Monday, January 31, 2011

Drained

I meant to post sooner than this.  In fact I even started a couple posts and then got distracted by the kids before I could finish.  School pretty much drained me last week.  Add on top of that cranky kids and hormones I feel like I could go hibernate for the rest of the winter.  
When I get drained I get cranky.  I've been trying to be more positive lately. So in light of the crankiness going on in my head instead of complaining like I would normally do, I'm going to write a list of things I was thankful for. One for each day.

1. I'm thankful that the kids go to bed at 8pm so I can have some down time.
2. I'm thankful for the Early Learning Center daycare on campus that do such a good job with my kids while I'm at school.
3. I'm thankful for Stake Volleyball on Wednesdays and for the friendships I've gained through it and the physical exercise I get from it.
4.  I'm thankful that Erick has a good job even though he has to work a lot of nights and we don't see each other very often.
5.  I'm thankful for my job and for Heavenly Father blessing me with good tips.
6.  I'm thankful for Visiting Teaching even though it's really hard to fit it into a busy schedule.  Part 2 of that is that I'm thankful for my awesome VT partner who understands my busy schedule and often does more than her share of the work.
7.  I'm thankful for family both my own little one with my husband and kids (even though my two little ones drive me crazy) and for my parents and brothers and sisters.  You guys are my best friends and I love hanging out with you all.  And I'm especially thankful for chats with my mom. :)

Now that I've got to 7 I feel a lot better and I feel like I could go on and on with the things that I'm thankful for.  Sometimes I think we all need a reminder to be more grateful.  I know I do and I'm going to try harder to write them down and also thank Heavenly Father in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment