Friday, June 17, 2011

My Own Worst Enemy

There's 2 reasons I'm writing this post.  First, I want to be totally honest in what I'm doing for my health.  Second, I have a friend that's been struggling and I want her to see that she's not alone. :) We all struggle.

I love food. I love to cook/bake food.  I love to eat what I make.  Let's be honest, I'm my biggest fan and come on, I am a pretty darn good cook if I do say so myself. :)

The other day I made Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.  Delicious!  They are one of my favorite cookies.  However, they have 236 calories per cookie!  And I ate 4 of them.  That was the day I told you I went over my calorie intake by 1000 calories.  All because of 4 cookies.  

Since I've started my weight loss journey I've done quite a bit of baking actually.  Banana bread, cinnamon rolls, brownies, cookies.  I want to have a snack around the house for the kids and money is really tight right now, so I bake.  

I also work at a restaurant.  Delicious food!  Last Friday I ate 3 cups of Clam Chowder.  The week before that my friend from work brought in Oreo Balls.  If you have not had Oreo Balls, you have not lived!  These things are so freaking good!  They have 150 calories per ball though and I ate 6 of them that night.  

I've been dying to go out to eat and have a big fat juicy steak.  I LOVE steak!  It's a good thing money is tight because otherwise we'd go out at least every other week.

So what do I do when I overeat like this?  Well.  I just try to move more.  Walking or Kinect Fitness.  But mostly, I just move on.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Heck the next meal is a new meal.  I try to eat as healthy as I can to make up for it and just keep pushing.  We all have our moments we need to splurge or we don't have the best self control.  It's good for us.  Sometimes it gives us a treat, other times it motivates us to do better.

A friend of mine that is a dietitian told me that she tells her clients, "Anyone that tells you they never splurge and never eat junk food is lying to your face."  LOL  I just keep that in mind.  Everything in moderation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment