Friday, August 10, 2012

Enjoyin' the Little Moments

Today, I had a day off and it was a dang good thing I did.  In this heat I cannot sleep.
At.  All.
 Last night I was literally awake the whole night.  

But that's not the point of this post.  The point of this post was that today, we enjoyed a lot of little moments to the fullest.  

#1 - Went to Ridley's today.  I totally basked in the friendly customer service there.  At least 3 of the employees greeted me, talked to the kids, or asked if I was finding everything alright and that was all just walking from the entrance through the deli and produce sections to the dairy section.  

Spent $73.01 on groceries.  Saved $79.60!!  I love getting good deals and I especially love saving more than I spent.  I'm pretty sure I did a little victory dance booty shake out to the car for that awesome savings.

#2 - During the thunderstorm today we laid on my bed and watched and listened to the wind whip through the trees, saw amazing lightening, felt some big cracks of thunder, and cuddled as a family (- Erick because he had to work :( )

#3- After the lightening was done, we went out in the rainstorm and played and cooled off.  I actually sat in a chair and just leaned my head back and let the rain fall on my face.  Very refreshing to a tired body.

#4 - Ate Pace Bar Popsicles with the kiddos.  I love these popsicles thanks to Grandma Bolander who introduced me to them first.  I had a Tiger's Blood one today. Delish!  (Also one of the things I bought on sale at Ridley's today.   

#5 - Mom, Dad, McKay, and Nicole came by after being at the Farmer's Market at Kreibel's Barn and gave us each one of these yummy things.

Mom's Cinnamon Rolls

The kids loved showing them their clean and newly rearranged rooms. I enjoyed the fact that at least a part of my house was clean when visitors came over.  Too bad it wasn't the kitchen and living room. :)

#6 - After dinner the kids played outside with bubbles and rode their bikes while I sat in my chair and enjoyed some cool fresh air.  Plus a beautiful sunset.  Too bad I didn't think to take a picture.

Just a few of the little moments we enjoyed today (one of the last days during the summer to do such things for us).

*******
Healthy Goals Update:

I've gone 2 whole days without pop!  Plus I'm drinking all the water I need to.

Went and got a flu shot today.  First one I've ever gotten.  Not too bad.  We'll see if I'm achy tomorrow like they say you sometimes get.

My goal for the next 2 days is to do Yoga stretching for 5 minutes morning and night.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I know I'm not nearly as flexible as I was last year at this time.  

Ya'll have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment